Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to move cursor to exact location in subform datasheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monicajane84

Programmer
Jul 14, 2010
US
So I have a table that is used as a calendar with the fields Day, January, February, March, etc. and each record is a day. I have a form that allows users to enter activities for a certain date based on the values they enter for txtDate (mm/dd/yyyy) and txtActivity on the main form. (Table is updated on command click). I have a subform below the txtDate and txtActivity fields that shows a locked view of the table in datasheet view - days down the left and each field is a month along the top. Because the datasheet is large and requires the user to scroll vertically and horizontally to view a date, I would like for the cursor in the subform to move and set the focus to the date entered in txtDate automatically after update so it is visible in the subform. Is it possible to set the focus based on a certain record and field?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back