Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to install 4.0 side by side with 3.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelajhia

Programmer
May 19, 1999
US
Due to limited resources I am being asked to consider whether we could install boxi 4.0 pro on the same server as 3.1. Normally I would say why give yourself the headache, but I am considering it, since the folders, frs and most other components would likely be easy to keep separate.

My main concern would be the registry settings. Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge or experience with trying something like this; I will ask SAP as well/dig around some more, but so far have only found info on client install of 3.1+4.0 side by side (some folks say this will work).

thankfully this is at least only being considered in dev (so far).

thanks!

Yes, this can be done. However, you would have to install 4.0 using different ports - Unless you've changed any of it, your 3.1 system will be using the 6400 series of ports and its Tomcat will be on port 8080. Your 4.0 system will not install on the same ports, so you'll have to do a custom install.

Also, depending on the amount of RAM and other resources available, you may end up deciding to have only one of them running at a time.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back