Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to find TN from the IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherWat

Technical User
Feb 12, 2016
CA
I have a CS1000 at 7.6.

I can IDU a VOIP set using it's TN to get the IP address.
I can do a LD 117 stat iset all to get all IP addresses along with their TN's and DN's.

Is there a way to find the TN if I only know the IP address of a set?

Thanks.

Why would you only know the IP address of the set? Why wouldn't you know the DN? If you know the DN then do a DNB in ld 22 for the TN.

You could isetShow <Ip address> in your Lead sig server and that gives you the TN, LD 20 prt TNB

In our call recording software we record conversations based on reserved IP addresses, I have the IP but it doesn't show an extension nor TN so I wondered if I could find the TN in the PBX based on the IP address it was assigned.
Thanks.

You could log in to Element Manager, Tools > Logs and Reports > IP Phone Location. Search by IP address, but I've never had much luck with searching on a specific IP. I just list all IP stations and sort by IP order or do a find all on the page. It should show you the the TN and DN of the set you're looking for.

Telephone Analyst
CS1K/Avaya Aura/Cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back