Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to Export Form as is to MS WORD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bddewell408

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
I have a dummy form, with a lot of unbound text boxes to fill in data for a one time use only. I want to export that form as is to Word so that I can send it email. Is that possible. I tried the quick EXPORT TO MS WORD, but it did not work like I hoped.

I have another form that I bring with the dummy form above that contains names and numbers that is queried everyday to fill in this form. Where a person works every day is subjective, so there is no real way to link the two together and have Access fill in the data automatically./

If it would be easier to export to something else, let me know. Currently I am printing the form and faxing it.

In my access handbook (Access 2000 VBA )there is some code to send info from the text boxes on your form to OutLook.
I created a form called frmemail and 3 text boxes, txtemail to hold the email address and 2 to hold test info so I could test it.
Create command button
On Click Event
Dim objoutlook As New Outlook.Application
Dim objMessage As MailItem
Dim strinfo As String
strinfo = Forms!frmemail!txtfirst & _
vbCrLf & _ ' Start new line
Forms!frmemail!txtnext
Set objMessage = objoutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With objMessage
.To = Forms!frmemail!txtemail
.Body = strinfo
.Send
End With
Set objoutlook = Nothing
Aet objMessage = Nothing
End Sub

This created an email in the outbox in OutLook

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.