Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to display 'Show SQL Query ' in CR XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimdeb03

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
Is it possible to display any database information on the report?
All I really need is to display on the report what's found under Database/Show SQL Query but virtually anything in Database Expert would be ok.

Are there functions that make this possible?

I'm using Crystal Reports XI 11.0.0.895

Jim

You could insert a static copy of the Show SQL Query into a text box, or you could display the record selection formula (special field), or you could export the report definition, and paste a copy of that into a text box. Another option would be to take a screen shot of the Show SQL Query screen (or the linking expert) and paste that into the report header. This would be static, though, too.

-LB

So in other words, there is no way to dynamically display any database connections on the report. Sometime the reports would get their data from a development db while other times live.
Hard coding wouldn't be practical.

I'm not aware of a way to do that. You could check to see if there are any likely functions in the SQL expression editor.

If your report was based on a command, and if you set up the database as a parameter within the command, then you could display the parameter on the report, and you would have a dynamic display of the database used.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back