Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to Display Report Output in a TextBox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobber

Programmer
Aug 18, 2000
US
Please help - I know someone else also asked this question a few days ago, but they didn't get a response. Since, I also need a solution for this - I'm asking the same question myself this time.

I have a form that picks random samples to be used to review financial documents. The user inputs the needed variables (i.e. - Period of time they are reviewing, how they intend to review the documents (by weeks, months, or quarters), and the percent of the population they want to review). They then click on a button which causes a table to be filled with the generated results which includes the time period (as input), the population numbers of the months, weeks, or quarters they should review (i.e. -if period is 1/1/2000 to 12/31/2000 and they are reviewing months, the database may contain one entry (among the others) with the population number 4, which is April 2000), and the descriptions of the population number "04/30/2000").

I also have another button which prints out a report to the printer, detailing all the information for periods selected.

Can I also include a text box on the form and have the report's output results appear within the text box? So that even if the user is not yet ready to print the report, they can readily see the report output right on the form.

Why not just use print preview? All report formatting will be intact then, and the user can determine whether or not to actually print the report. :) --------------
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Try adding a subform based on the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back