Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to automate exporting of reports in CE 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lantzba

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
The business is requesting that we create an automated procedure for exporting reports to .PDF to an unmanaged disk. However, they still want to have the reports in .RPT format on Enterprise in case they want to export to Excel or something. Is there any way to write a script to automate the process of somehow after a report has run to export it to .PDF with no intervention? Any thoughts? thanks.

If you are only using pre-scheduled/non-parameter reports, then in CE 8.5 - I do this with a duplicate schedule.

1st Schedule - Mondays @ 6:30 AM - RPT Format - DEFAULT Destination.

2nd Schedule - Mondays @ 6:30 AM - PDF Format - Unmanaged Disk Destination.

This creates two records for each Instance in the history.

I would recommend using the product called Report Scheduler Pro from (only $300 US). We use it and have many reports scheduled to export to pdf to file and some are emailed automatically as well. I find using ePortfolio gross and since we only have Crystal Enterprise Standard, we can't use the scheduling anyway! The user interface on this product is way easier to setup and mainain, plus the email support SMTP so you don't even have to have a mail profile at all on that machine/server.

LuvSQL: That isn't a Crystal Enterprise solution, and there are lots of Crystal Reports schedulers available.

Lantzba: I've handled it as MJRBIM does, though if you have a tremendous amount of scheduling you might justify Info Scheduler from APOS which is a Crystal suggested 3rd party solution:

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back