Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible Right Margin Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh218

Programmer
Jan 12, 2006
GB
I am currently trying to write a report using PCL which will print in landscape to A3 paper. When I attempt the second 'DELIVERY NOTE' label this label is not printed at the top right of the paper, which I am attempting, but is being printed at the left hand side of the next line. The PCL is:

<esc>%-12345X
<esc>E
<esc>&l10
<esc>&l27A
<esc>*p988x224YDELIVERY NOTE
<esc>*p3434x241YDELIVERY NOTE

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Your sequence: <esc>&l10
should be: <esc>&l1O
i.e. capital-letter-O at end rather than digit-0
in order to select Landscape orientation.

You probably also need to select this AFTER selecting the (A3) paper size, rather than BEFORE.

Not sure if this is the answer though, as I don't have any A3 printer to test on.

I dont know what a 27 is (&l27A) 3 is legal 26 is A4....
anyway that's 11.45 inches to start. (3434/300)
Why not start out at 2500 and work up to see how far you can go OR send some left and right margin commands
OR try keeping the page as landscape and using the
&a90P before printing the text. The &a90P rotates the text
90 degrees.

Thanks for your tips. The problem turned out to be with a driver setting. There are two settings on the driver. One was to truncate long lines and the other set the maximum number of columns to 135.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back