Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible Memory or other hardware issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdiesel1

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
Error Message Received:

"Your system is running low on resources. You cannot log on as a new user. Please use an account that has already been logged on."

I can't figure this one out. It only happens when the user closes the lid and it goes to sleep and then wakes up. I have already wiped the system and reloaded Windows 7. I am leaning toward a possible memory issue. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

This is a brand new HP 6550b laptop with 2Gigs of ram, Intel Core i3 processor,320GB HDD and running Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks.

You probably have a corrupted User Profile...

see here for fixing:

Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

this is what lead me to belief that it is so:

Vista - "Your system is running low on resources. You cannot log on" Error

and

Your system is running low on resources. You cannot log on as a new user. Please use an account that has already been logged on

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Win 7 boots up quite quickly. Have them just shut down rather than closing the lid and putting it to sleep. You might add ram - My i3 Win7 laptop came with 4GB.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back