Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible DeadLock Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauljex

Technical User
Oct 27, 2003
GB
Hello

I have 2 server, both running Windows 2000, they are both running SP2 of Windows. They also have Citrix Metaframe XP FR2

It is also running Q813130, Q289509 & Q272582 hotfixes for Windows 2000 and XE102W065 for Citrix XP

About once few months I get the below message, and the Data Collector cant connect to the DataStore - which is obvious as the service keep crashing.

"Application popup: ImaSrv.exe - Application Error : The exception Possible deadlock condition.
(0xc0000194) occurred in the application at location 0x77f9dc42.

Click on OK to terminate the program"

If i reboot the servers it will cure it, but i have nearly 100 users logged in and i cant do this during the day

Do any one have any ideas, it would be much appricated.

Thanks in advance

Paul

I haven't seen this on my Citrix servers, but I've seen it on my other App servers. It has to do with Veritas Netbackup. Are you using that to back up your citrix servers?

We just fixed this problem on one of our JDEdwards servers. We use Citrix to host this application. I agree with Margie in that a Veritas product is probably making the issue apparent. We found that the deadlock condition occurred only when running backups (we use BackupExec not NetBackup). The problem was not the backup, but instead the clues led us to the anti-virus product. The deadlock happened while the cache file for the backup was being created and used. Anti-virus was real-time scanning the BackupExec OFO directory, causing the deadlock. RealTime scanning was configured to ignore the OFO directory and all deadlock problems went away. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back