Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

possible CMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastaIT34

Technical User
Sep 9, 2009
US
i need to create a website that i think falls into the category of a CMS.

I want it to be super simple to work with / navigate.. It should have a GUI driven interface. I can log in from anywhere, make content changes to design, upload pictures etc.

The website will be a online portfolio for an artist. Kinda want to stay away from Flash.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Artist/Designer

Although not my own choice, WordPress is allegedly the most accessible CMS for new developers/designers.

You can also look to online services like squarespace.com, wix.com and drupalgardens.com

Wordpress (self hosted) is the easiest to use.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I agree that self-hosted Wordpress is a good choice. As well as being easy to use, it is very popular and well-supported, so if you run into difficulties, it's easy to get help.

However, if you don't want to bother with hosting, or with the effort of installing the software, Blogger is another good possibility. It is less capable than Wordpress, but still perfectly adequate for your needs, and extremely easy to get started.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back