Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible bug in system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caacosta

MIS
Feb 6, 2006
US
I’m not sure if anyone has experienced this or has heard of this issue. When dialing 9 to call out, followed by 213-430-6363, the line is automatically transferred to Telepacific communications. However, when dialing 9 followed by 1-213-430-6363, the call successfully goes through to O’Melveny. An attorney had originally found this issue, and I have been able to replicate it on my phone as well.

Any thoughts would be most helpful. Thanks.

Try dialing 9 213 4306 only and see what you get. Either that or print NXX 213 and NPA 1213 and post it

It went to the Telepacific communications number again. Would it be possible to infer that if the number does not successfully go through, it automatically defaults to connecting to Telepacific?

What's happening is that when you dial 9 213 4306, the system is looking at the NXX (Exchange Code) table and routing the call there. I'm betting that you don't have to do 10 digit dialing where you're at and 213 4306 is a valid number for Tele Comm.

When you 9 1213... the system is doing a check against the NPA (Area Codes) table.

is this just happening in the call pilot or the system itself? in the system ld 90 and that npa 1plus and delete one with a dgt.. if it;s just in the call pilot look at the rpl.. it may not allow 1 as a 1st digit

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back