Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible Bandwidth or QOS issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
I have a CS1000E at 6.0 with a miz of VOIP and TDM. Every so often when users are calling either from a TDM to VOIP or a VOIP to TDM, they hear the phone ring, but when they pick up they can't hear the person.

I have checked in LD 117 (prt intrazone) for the peak % of usage and it is at 2%.

It is not isolated to only one person.

What else can I check? Thanks.

The person on the VOIP set can hear but the person on the TDM phone can't hear.

How do I check the DSP resources on the MGC's?

Thanks.

In LD80 you could TRAC a failed call and see which VTNs are in use.

In LD32 you can STAT the DSP cards.

On MGC you can run loop tests on the DSP but they need to be disabled in LD32 first.

Also may be worth checking that the IP address for the DSP cards have not been re allocated elsewhere.

Thanks for the information.

Just found out that we need to install 108 patches so these issues may be resolved after the patches are applied and we ini the switch. Going to do this tomorrow night after hours.

Patches may not correct - cause as discribed is most likely DSPs a mentioned.

You may have 96 dsps of which are used in round robin fashion so if 4 are bad, you will have ot make 92 calls before you experiance problem again.

Fix is usually either reset DSP card (if daughterboard means rebooting MGC) or replacing card if reboot does not clear.

Always best idea to trace as was mentioned when you have a bad call to you know which DSP TN is problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back