Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible Adware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwolfe

MIS
Jan 12, 2000
US
When I started my browser, the home page had been changed to My firewall and antivirus software missed it. Is anyone familiar with munky.dom?

You might get better help in this forum:

forum760

Jim

Munky..com is a search engine. You need to download ad-aware ( install>update>scan.
The first scan will be smart system scan. Right click one of the things it finds and click select all. This will remove the things known as ad-ware, malware, spies.
Then update the program over the intranet.
Tweak the configuration by clicking on the icon of the gear. scanning>scan within archives, advanced settings>include negligible object information>include environment information, Tweak>safety settings>Reanalyze results after scanning>write protect system files after repair, Proceed, close.
Then reboot the machine in safe mode and run the program. This time run the program in full system scan. tic the search for negligible risk entries. This part of the scan will look for data files that are keeping track of computer usage.
Right click the things it finds and click select all.
Run this tool for each account on the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back