Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POSitouch historical data extract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_Piik

Technical User
Sep 6, 2018
CA
Hi. I'm trying to extract historical transaction data from a POSitouch system. Through my research, I've determined that POSitouch stores these in DBF files, however, when I read the files in question, they are empty or contain very few records. The system had been in use for several months (it is no longer in use).

Unfortunately, POSitouch themselves have referred to one of their distributors, and the distributor is not willing to help since the system is no longer being used.

Would anyone be able to provide any guidance on how I can extract the historical transactional data?

Thanks,
Ben

The data is not stored in the DBFs, they are output files. The data is in the checkfiles and there are programs that create those data files. If the system is up, you can run the reports you're looking for. I am surprised the local dealer won't help you, it wouldn't be free but I would think they'd do it if you gave them a credit card to charge.

Hi PosGuyUS. Thanks for your response. The system is up, but I wasn't able to find a report which would give me transactional data I could turn around and load into a database myself. Unfortunately, it seems that our client and the dealer did not part ways very amicably. We did try to reach out to the dealer but they flat out refused to help.

I can still access the system, so if you can provide some guidance, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ben

Hello,
If i am not mistaken that data is normally in the check folder on c drive. Each date has its own check file. like today would be 092718.inv or something along those lines. You can use the posireport to run sales reports directly from c:\sc\ or use back office navigator.

Thank you

Thanks raven1708. I have the check files, however, I'm not able to read them. Are you aware if there is any special encoding? I also tried to use posireport, but the issue is that the reports display aggregate data. I'm looking for individual transactions (transaction timestamp, items, quantity, price, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back