Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POSitouch Gift Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rnpos

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2015
US
I'm having some trouble getting our gift card activations to come across correctly in our reporting on POSitouch (6.4). If any one has any ideas for me I would really appreciate it.

When we sell a giftcard to a customer we do not want to collect sales tax on it and we do not want it to go into any sales category.
Currently we have the gift card item set up as tax exempt so the amount is correct, but it then goes into "TAX EXEMPT SALES" on the reporting. We only want it to go into a sales category once it has been redeemed.

Any idea how I can still collect for/activate a gift card without it going into any kind of sales?

Can you point me in the right direction on where to do that? I'm still somewhat new to POSitouch.

I have no idea how to deal with positouch but i would assume its an option where you manage items.

You need to have something setup called a credit which is a way you link the gift card to a payment type. Not very hard to do, figure 15-30 minute call to your dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back