Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Positioning a total field

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanon

Programmer
Jun 7, 2000
CA
I have a report that is like an ivoice where the final total (in the report footer) must be located in a certain position just above the page footer. Any ideas on how I can do that?

So, they've installed Access at Paranor now. Now you can properly catalog all those Druid Histories. Should be interesting.

Anyways, I haven't tried it, but I believe this should work. Create a text box in your report footer called GrandTotal or something like that which contains the proper calc for your total. Next create a text box in your page footer positioned just where you want it. Set the recordsource on that box = GrandTotal. Now you can make the box in the Report footer invisible and only have it shown in the page footer.

Maq B-)
<insert witty signature here>

My only idea involves subterfuge :)

Bury both in the page footer, oriented as desired.
Set a Boolean when you hit the end of the report (bFoo).
In the page footer, use iif(bFoo, (your content here), &quot;&quot;)

My other idea was to toggle off invisibility on the &quot;secret&quot; control when end-of-report is triggered. -------
&quot;What is your favourite colour?&quot; &quot;Blue! No! Yell&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back