Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS with Visual basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffemachine

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
ID
hi i'm a vb beginer and my english suck but can anyone help me to write POS for retal store with complete function of it!
thanx,

coffemachine

yah, but you have a sense of humor. that makes up for the lack of english and vb knowledge.

I have worked with Retail Pro, Simple Retailer, and now Catapult software. For a beginner to write a fully functional pos software that would compete would be very hard with no experience with other softwares or the programming of them. If you are doing this for yourself and going to grow the system as you learn, go for it. You would be getting into setting up scanners, printers, inventory control, pole displays, msr's, and barcode printing. The softwares I have worked with have teams of programmers working on them. Good luck to you. I have seen it done before. FYI microsoft now sells a retail software called Quick Sell. Might be a good base program to start with and manipulate.

Just trying to help.
Bo Spruell
bo.spruell@klinecr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back