Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS Programming info. and innards... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDisciple

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
US
Hey yawl, I'm interested in knowing how a programming lang. interacts w/ the hardware in a cash register via code. IF anyone knows for sure / can point me in the right direction THEN Great! ELSE keep inquiring. I may, just outta curiosity code a POS when I receive some info.

Then, all I have 2 do is go out and getta CASH REGISTER. HHMmmmm.....
Thnx Much yawl!!!

Hey thnx much there Diederik. I'll check it out & get back 2 U. SORRY for the long time interval in which I took to reply to you, seeing that U took the time out 2 reply to me & all. Ya know...

Thnx Much dude!!!!!!

Hi

I have checked out UPOS and also got the manual for it. However, I'm still a bit shaky about it.

Could anyone please suggest me a simple version of how you would go about to print text to a POSPrinter from start to finish.

Please try to include the code (Any language will do but prefereably VB of VFP)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks.

sergiogove,

Just get yourself some OPOS drivers from a peripheral manufacturer (fe. Most have included a 'samples' part in their ADK (Epson has) including LOTS of sample code.

To get started: for printers, it's boils down to the following steps:
'- Open & Enable the printer
OPOSPOSPrinter.Open "TM-H5000III" ' LDN of your printer
OPOSPOSPrinter.Claim 500 ' Timeout
OPOSPOSPrinter.DeviceEnabled = True

'- Print
OPOSPOSPrinter.PrintNormal 2, "Hello world"

'- Close the printer
If OPOSPOSPrinter.Claimed then
OPOSPOSPrinter.Release
End If
OPOSPOSPrinter.Close Diederik

Hello!

I only like to know if this code can work on epson TM-210 POS printer to directly from VBA of excel.

Thanks a lot

This code does work on a TM-210, although it can be necesary to issue a 'set font' command first (to prevent the printer from using only 32 chars/line):
Code:
OPOSPOSPrinter.RecLineChars = 40

This does work perfectly in VB and VBA

Diederik

Dear Friend : if you ever want to know about how to print directly from VB to Epson TMT88II or III or Epson Dot Matrix or CashDrawer, just write me to john_vai@hotmail.com.

My question to you: if you know how to output to Customer display, i would be thankful.

John Vai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back