Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS Programming and Integrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0rdian

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
Hello everyone. I am interested in creating a program/module/plugin for the widely used Aloha POS system ( I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of their code (ie, what language they use) and possible integration solutions.

My programming experience is quite limited to Delphi and C++, so any information on any other methods of POS programming for touchscreen systems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help.

To gfcassociates. I have the same question. It's been a while so hopefully you'll still look in on this thread. I've heard that Aloha has a COM interface, along with a Software Development Kit (SDK) and documentation. I haven't been able to find it and our sales rep is not helpful.

Does anyone out there know how to implement this kind of interface to Aloha?

Yes, aloha uses microsofts com interface. I dont know about a SDK. Are you an end user or a dealer or someone trying to create something to work with Aloha?

I'm someone trying to create something useful. Do you know if there's any documentation on the COM interface to Aloha, and how I could get some information?

The database used is dB4 and it uses (could be wrong here) MSJET 97. A good place to start would be using ODBC to manipulate the data. Perhaps exporting it into XML.

Hello Bospruell and g0rdian,

I am trying to develop a survey printing program for Aloha QuickService. Can you send me the AKB about the COM interface?
Have either of you ever heard of POSPRINT.EXE? It is an Aloha utility that I have been trying to use, but I keep getting an error message when I try to use it. The syntax is:

POSPRINT.EXE

POSPRINT.EXE enables you to print a text file to any Aloha POS system printer. Since this utility uses the Component Object Module (COM) interface to print files, it requires Aloha POS system version 5.230 or higher and you have to enable the COM interface in Aloha Manager/Maintenance/Store Settings/Interfaces/Use FOH COM Interface.

Usage: POSPRINT.EXE <printer ID> <text file>

<printer ID> is the printer ID, as defined in the Aloha POS system.

<text file> is the path and name of the text file.

Options:
/? Displays help information.

Thanks for your time,

Michael Bambach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back