Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Portuguese characters in remoting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fion

Vendor
Sep 25, 2003
US
Hi all,
I have a flash translating program that uses Remoting with the babelfish web service. Now it works great, except for one thing, when I translate from english to portuguese, anytime there is a non-english character in the string returned from the web service, it messes up. No I am wondering were the problem might be. I haven't tried the other languages, but I'm sure the same problem exists. Is this something that I am going to have to add these extra characters to the movie, or could it be in the remoting? It works fine going from portuguese to english, so I know it can handle these characters as input, which make me think that the problem is in the movie. I am using SOAP for the remoting, by the way.
I built this from a tutotial on but I have noticed the same problem with their program, except instead of showing a little square instead of a character, theirs just dosen't show the word at all. Try translating the word mother in that one, and then in mine ( What they should BOTH say is mãe but that extra character is messing things up...
Any ideas? Let me know if you want me to post the actionscript.
Thanks for your help!

Fion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back