Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ports reverting to 10mbps randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello,

We are seeing an issue all of the sudden where the ports on our ERS4850 switches are reverting back to 10mbps. This is random and not persistent. It is happening on most of our new switches and started about the same time district wide. They are all HW12,13 and 14 series switches running 5.8.1x secure image code.

When you look at the TDR tab in the GUI is shows a cable failure. I seriously doubt our whole layer 1 network tanked at the same time. Avaya TAC has not offered any real solutions. I suspect a code issue, but nothing concrete yet. Has anyone else seen this?

This just started to happen? Was working for a while and then one day... Seems really odd that something like that would happen. Are you using fabric connect? My guess is you are if it's a campus solution and effecting multiple switches. Have you done any debug via CLI? I'm a little worried myself as I'm about to deploy a few 4850's and don't feel like dealing with any hardware issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back