Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ports, Packet Loss & Round Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquename4me

Technical User
Oct 31, 2013
CA
I've finally got a problem resolved with a 450 6.0 with teleworker licences. Finally the setup is performing and working the way it's supposed to.
The reason for this post is to see if someone can explain something that maybe addresses why I end up still seeing 1% and 2% packet loss alarms?

I'm looking at BCM Monitor IP devices and when I put up sets, they come up with their remote IP address followed by port 5000. I'm puzzled as to why or whether it makes any difference when some of the other IP sets registered and working come up with ports like 1086, 1030, 10446, and 23156? Why the different allocations from within the same remote location? I've tried de-registering the sets and have managed to get the set involved to come up with a 5000 port allocation and wondered if I should continue this with the balance of sets or does it make any difference? I looked at another site and found that most of the sets aside from one all had 5000 allocated?

Any comments ideas as to why or whether it makes any difference?

Just waiting to see if it causes any problems when left in this condition?

I don't think it is a major problem as I have a remote set that uses a different port range. It is probably related to the router setup at the remote end.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back