Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ports and modem problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurksy

Technical User
Jan 12, 2003
US
i re-installed windows 95 because of modem problems. I could'nt get on the net using my isp. now when i try to dial i get the message ports are already open. I'm not familiar with the technical parts. any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

1. Reboot.

2. Uninstall and Reinstall the modem. (you may need to look at the modem itself for the correct drivers)

3. Make sure that no other programs are using your modem. Fax software, Supervoice, etc...

4. Ctrl-Alt-Delete, if you see RNAAPP loaded

if so....

end task on RNAAPP. Reboot machine. Try doing diags on the modem, if the diags come up without a port already open error, it should be fine.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall DUN connectiod, the network settings, pwl files, and DUN.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall modem if it persists.

5. Search for RNAAPP in the windows registry and remove any instances. (WARNING: This should not be done by the user, this fix should be done by a computer tech. If you are an ISP tech or a user you should probably not try this step.)

hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back