Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Portmaster Adapter/A device driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracee

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
US
I have an 8-port Portmaster Adapter/A RS-232 card that has to be installed. On AIX 4.2
It is used to run some simulator program.
There are two more similar cards installed on AIX 3.2 but they are listed as 4-port selectable portmaster adapter/a (mpqp)

My problem is...when I do a smit/devices/communications/portmaster adapter-a/adapterlist all portmaster adapter-a adapers/ (I can see it installed on the machine I am working on)

But i can not see it on the other two machines.
I need to know where the drivers are located so i can copy them from the working machines to the one I'm working on. I have made a mksysb of the working machines. I wanted to copy the drivers to the new machine. (How are they configured if nothing shows up in smit, but the cards work the simulator?) But this is no good if i dont know where to look to get the drivers.

Could you please help me out?
Thanks!

Tracee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back