Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Portmap translation creation failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nstefi1

Technical User
Oct 3, 2008
CA
Hi all,
Can somebody explain me how to troubleshoot this error in my Cisco ASA 5510 device?
I receive this error regularly (every 10 minutes I receive a batch of 9 messages in a row, around 1 message per second 9 times):

portmap translation creation failed for udp src inside:192.168.0.12/137 dst inside:192.168.15.1/137

I read bits and pieces in other posts about similar errors, but having answers for their very specific configuration, which was a bit difficult for me to understand.

The strange thing is that I cannot find the address 192.168.15.1 anywhere in my configuration and is not supposed to part of my network. I don't have any VLAN having 192.168.15.0 address.
Does this mean that my configuration is bad?

Thanks

In general it means a nat problem. Can you post your scrubbed config? (delete passwords and mask the middle 2 octets of the public ip/s)

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back