Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Porting Of numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichJordan

Vendor
Oct 13, 2017
US
thread690-1548430
Hi All!,

I hope someone can help I have a problem I have 2 PRI's 1 is with Litepath the other Windstream. We are getting rid of Windstream and going with just litepath. So the numbers that come in on Windstream are getting portted over to the Litepath PRI. Is there any new programming I need to do on the Litepath? The number are already in the system but do I need to create a new route?

Thanks, Rich

just have them send the same amount of digits that windstream is currently sending.

Thanks Joe! That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. If you could not tell I'm new to this I've been doing Alcatel-Lucent for the last 17 years. Then I was basically throw into this Nortel CS1000 at a hospital. So I'm doing my best to help them out.

AS Joe said, as long as you are getting the same number of digits your were getting before, you should be good.
What you may need to watch is how they configure the DS1. Just make sure they match your current one, and program the new DS1 like that one.

Thank you David, both trunks are up and in service so I'm hoping the DS1 is fine. The litepath already has traffic on it.

Thanks Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back