Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Porting help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
Hello,
Next week our facility will be porting 8 phone numbers over to one of our PRI's so we can have them all on our avaya system for monitoring purposes, currently they are just copper lines coming and and patched to each phone. Once the lines are connected to our avaya 66 block, I am not exactly sure what to do from that point, I know I have to assign each phone number to a port, then from there I think I need to route each number to a destination or something. I know how to create a new number in ASA and assign it to a station, but I don't know how to assign a DID to a station.

System Specs
Gateway G450
Avaya Aura Comm manager 6.3
ASA 6.0

If the did's match the extension number than no additional programming is needed, if different assign did numbers on the incoming call handling treatment trunk group form.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Porting numbers from POTS lines to coming in on an existing PRI means you will not have any physical connectivity to do. The provider will just start sending you the number of digits you have requested over your PRI. Like smokinjoe2938 said, if those digits match extension numbers already in your system, you are done. If not, you can either change them as he described, or just create new stations with those extension numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back