Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ported numbers to existing PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwebb

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
HEy guys, I need help from the experts on a Merlin-Magix. I currently have 3 POTS lines configured on the system in conjunction with a PRI. The PRI is functioning as expected and its configured to recieve 4 digits of which I am deleted one digit to route to extensions as DIDs. The 3 POTS are being sent/ported to the PRI but their digits don't remotely match the existing ones. My question is how do I configure these lines to be routed to a particular extension, and how do I configure one of them to be answered by the auto-attendant. Any help and relatively simple step by step instructions/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Please clarify: You said you have three POTs lines connected to your system - as well as x number of PRI channels. You also said the 3 POTs line numbers are now being ported to the PRI service. Does that mean the 3 analog POTs lines have been disabled? If so - what were they? a main number and two hunt lines? three private lines? where do you want each sent via PRI? what are they porting (usually just the last 4 digits of the number)?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

I take it that the POTS lines are going to be ported? What are the DNIS digits that are going to be sent? Do they conflict with the dial plan?

If there is no conflict, and you just want them pointed to the Automated Attendant, renumber adjuncts to match the DNIS digits, cover those adjuncts to voice mail, and point those mailboxes to the Auto Attendant. (Class of Service, or Automated Attendant Mailbox, depending on what the voice mail is)

To clarify, one of the lines was the 'published'main number. The other two were used as private lines for different users. The numbers have not been ported as of yet, but they will be sent in the same manner as the existing digits/numbers. My confusion is that normally, the provider gives you a block of numbers running consecutively which makes the programming rather easy. In this case although the number of expected digits sent to me is the same, the existing dial plan won't route those calls to any current extensions (existing digits are 7680-7699, and the ported ones are 9900, 9460, and 9462, where the existing dial plan is deleting 1 digit and routing to the various extensions). I am trying to get all the necessary info before porting occurs. I am hopeful that thi extra info will allow you to assit me further.

Sounds like you're already using the PRI digit tables to match the expected digits, and delete the 1st one.

Typically, you will receive the last 4 digits of the POTS number as your DNIS. You will just set up additional routes that match the expected digits, delete all 4, and add whatever extension number you want to send it to. This can be a specific extension, or it can be the voice mail calling group if you want the AA to answer up front.

DNIS is just like DID, except that you aren't getting sequential numbers in a block that usually just match existing extension numbers, and you have to manipulate them to fit. Some providers are very flexible, and will send whatever DNIS digits you want, completly unrelated to the actual digits of the old POTS number.

That all makes sense and I thank you. Where is DNIS configured (system programming, lines, etc)?

It's in Patterns under DialPlan Routing. At least one of your patterns is already programmed for the DID's. To see which patterns are blank (unprogrammed) - you can print a PRI report - which will show you.

The patterns programming is under menu, system program, sart/exit, lines/trunks, PRI, DialPlan Routing, Patterns. Then you enter a Pattern number (0 thru 9) - so for example 2 enter - enter the expected 4-digit sequence (last 4 digits of first ported number), then for the same pattern number - number of expected digits (which should be 4), the number of digits to delete (which should be 4), and the digits to add (key in the ext number of the operator and/or autoattendant group#).

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks alot guys. I have the calls routed to the desired location(s). I do have one more question/problem. The customer wants the calls sent to the AA to also ring at various extensions before the AA picks it up. Can this be done and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back