Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

portal-copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokesql

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
AT
Hi!

i would like to have my problem soluted but i realy don`t know how. we have a well working oracle-portal-based intranet and now as we are about to buid up some new features i have though it would be cool if we would have an development database and portal to try out some things without loosing our data or construct. so we have set up a new db which is the same as the productive one. and there is also the AS on the machine with the same preferences as teh real one. and there is the problem. there is nothing thats working on the new portal becaus of the links to the ols system. i even can not log in so that i could change the links. so my question, i`m a newbie to this portal stuff, if there is a possibility to copy the portal to the new system and to have the possibility to log in so that i could change the links to the new machine. or how i could change the preferences of the portal whitout loging in through a web-browser. please help me. thnx

moke

Hi Mokesql,

We have done this several time. Our DBA takes a backup copy of the database and restored it on a new server, then runs some magic (which is beyond me) to rename the database to a new name. This avoids the database name conflicts.

Next I run a utility called SSODATAN provided by Oracle that reassociates the Portal instance with the new DAD and/or URL. You can find this script in the plsql directory under the Portal.

Hope this helps

DZig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back