Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port80 forwarding to webcam wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbird

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
GB
Ho hum, I'm confused - IP webcam on my internal network (192.168.111.17) can be seen by internal users on both port 80 and it's alternative port (8080). Vigor 2910 dual wan router set up with port 8080 forwarding to e.g. 111.23 my OKI network printer and an external user can see the printer web interface by going to blabla.no-ip.info:8080 BUT with the NAT table modified so external 8080 is directed to 111.17, external viewers get a 'page cannot be displayed' time out message. The landing page for the camera is a snapshot picture and a menu to select active x or java view, so I don't think it's a bandwidth thing. Having proved that the NAT table works by directing to another port 80 source (the printer) I don't think its as simple as the NAT being wrong.
Any one any experience/ ideas?
Thanks
James

What does that have to do with DSL?

You should probably contact the manufacturer of the Vigor2910 for support or help.

....JIM....

I couldn't see a better fit - is there a more appropriate forum?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back