Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

port network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sha111

Technical User
Oct 16, 2007
CA
we had a major alarm on one of port network which is notified to us by avaya,we cannot see it when we use 'display alarms' and 'display errors'.

The port network went out of service momentarily. we need
to find out what made it out of service.

The maintenace objec is
MaintObject_EXP-PN_Location_PN 01_OnBoard_N.

How do i find what went wrong...what commands i run?

thanks...

This is a very complicated question. I am assuming you are running an S87xx media server and on fairly recent software. You should be able to see the alarms/errors but you will need to include "cleared" alarms.

You may get better information by looking at the logs from the web server. The system logs provide detail not only about communication manager but also about the operating system. There is a tremendous amount of detail available. If you know exactly what time than it will be easy to zero in on the issue.

Thanks for reply,

How do i include 'cleared alarms' and how do i check logs?
what commands i use?

yes we have s8720 an CM 5.0

telnet to your S8700 processor. once login type "almdisplay"
if you see an error capture it and paste it here.

To clear it type "almclear -a"

Check also the process if it is running all the processes by issuing "statapp"

Check your hardware duplication on "statusserver

The best way to check alarms is from SAT do display alarms and set the "resolved" flag to "y" to display any recently cleared alarms

Also display errors to give more information on the alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back