Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port mirror on a 4548GT-PWR 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
GB
Can anyone let me know how to setup a mirror port for voice recording? I need to mirror a VLAN to a single port. If we have a VLAN across 3 switches will it mirror RTP from a port on switch 2 or 3 to the mirror port on switch 1?

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

Anyone know the answer to this it's very urgent?

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

The 4500 switches dont support vlan spanning. The most you can mirror is 2 ports or 2 Source/Dest MAC addresses.

The command is "port-mirroring"

What switch are you using in the core? That would be your best bet.

I don't think any of the Nortel switches support mirroring a whole VLAN like some Cisco switches do, but some of the new code versions for the 5500 series support "ManytoOne" port mirroring. Perhaps the 4500 series does to...

In the 5500s after version 5.0 the command is something like:
port-mirroring mode ManytoOneRxTx monitor-port X mirror-ports A,B,C,D

Hi,

I never use but with the filter you can use an "interface action extension"
You can create L2 filter and use this "action extension" to egress all the matching traffic to an interface.

Let me know

Hi,

Sorry I don't read well the doc from Nortel but now you can use port-mirroring with the following capabilities:

• Monitor all traffic received by port X.
• Monitor all traffic transmitted by port X.
• Monitor all traffic received and transmitted by port X.
• Monitor all traffic received by port X or transmitted by port Y.
• Monitor all traffic received by port X (destined to port Y) and then transmitted by port Y.
• Monitor all traffic received/transmitted by port X and transmitted/received by port Y (conversations between port X and port Y).
• Monitor all traffic received on many ports (ManytoOneRX).
• Monitor all traffic transmitted on many ports (ManytoOneTX).
• Monitor all traffic received or transmitted on many ports (ManytoOneRxTX).

I think you can use "ManytoOneRxTx"

port-mirroring mode ManytoOneRxTx [monitor-port <portlist>| mirror-port-X <portlist>]

Hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back