Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roots000

MIS
Dec 6, 2003
GB
Hi,
I having trouble creating port forwarding rules with my pix 501. I have attempted using the access list and creating a rule like:

access-list fromoutside permit tcp any host 192.168.1.x eq 113
access-group fromoutside in interface outside

With no luck. I cant use the PDM, as i am still running version 1.1 :(. I’ve managed to find version 6.3(1) of the ios and installed this. This made the pix useable. I cannot upgrade from this Cisco site because when ever i login to do this i get there are no downloads available. If someone could also provide me with links to download the latest ios and PDM i would be eternally grateful.

Regards
Tim

Where did you find 6.3(1)? I have been looking everywhere. If you could provide me a link that would be great.

Thanks

Pix OS downloads and pdm available at

With your port forwarding, the ACL has to allow traffic to the OUTSIDE interface of your pix, not the mapped internal ip. Then you also need a static route mapping that port on the outside interface to the related port on the internal machine

IE, if your external address is 99.99.99.99, and the machine you want to map port 113 to is on an ip of 192.168.1.2, then you would do the following

access-list fromoutside permit tcp any host 99.99.99.99 eq 113
access-group fromoutside in interface outside

static (inside,outside) tcp 99.99.99.99 113 10.1.16.2 113 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Chico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back