Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcell0042

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
US
We have a web/mail server at our company. We recently got Security cameras that are up and running. Internally I can connect to the DVR by typing in the private IP (which is using port 80). When I'm outside my LAN and I type in our public IP address I get our website. I understand why but what can I do inside my Sonicwall to point the traffic to MY DVR and still have my webserver up.

Do you just have the one public IP address? If not, then you could also create a static NAT with one of the other IP addresses and point it to the DVR, opening port 80 for that static NAT, although...if the DVR is capable of using port 443/https, then I'd go that route instead.
Passing usernames and passwords across the Internet in clear text tends to be bad. [thumbsdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back