Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port Forwarding with Siemens Speedstream 4200 060-D242-A65 Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBYD6869

Programmer
Feb 11, 2010
CA
Hi,
My problem is that i cannot port forward with my modem. The default gateway has no settings that pertain to port forwarding (i can post picturs of what it does looklike if neccesary). I have visited portforward.com , however my specfic modem is not listed. This would normally lead me to believe that ports should not need to be forwarded with this modem or somthing, however that is not the case as i have disabled my firewall and anti-virus program and still recieve errors with the specific port i need forwarded. If anyone has some incite into what needs to be done it would be much appreciated.

i cant get hold of a manual right now, the product description states port-forwarding.
but it seems that there are branded models (bell sympatico) out wich dont have the settings enabled, so you would need to unlock/unbrand it.
check the last post from

M. Knorr

MCSE, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back