Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port Forwarding setup on LynkSys RV082

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliboone

Programmer
Mar 23, 2004
US
Hi everyone,

I just set up an RV082 8 port router for our business, but am having problems with the Port Forwarding feature. Before we bought this model we were using the BEFVP41 4 port router, also from LynkSys.
The port forwarding feature on the RV082 is quite a bit different and the online docs don't tell me anything about being able to connect to a computer via the WAN. I am able to use my Remote Administrator program to connect to another computer on the LAN. The port forwarding feature on this new router autmatically has my lan ip typed in. There is not a place to enter the WAN ip so I can connect outside the LAN.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Eli

please explain in more detail.. You only use forwarding for ports. You may want to create an access rule under firewall tab instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back