Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port Forwarding modems (specifically a Westell Versalink 327W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connemara

Technical User
Oct 17, 2006
US
I'm very frustrated. I am not a computer expert, though I know my way around computers. I recently got DSL, mostly for the purpose of online gaming. Unfortunately, I signed up with verizon. Probably a big mistake, but they're cheap, so yeah. Anyways, couldn't connect for gaming. Went to portforward.com, and tried to set things up, but their tutorial was not exactly like the actual modem settings, so I kind of had to improvise. It worked at first though, I was actually able to join an online game just fine, but about 20 minutes into the game I was kicked out of it and could not rejoin.

I tried contacting the westell modem tech support, and they said talk to verizon. So I did, and THEY told me port forwarding is a breach of contract and they can't help me with it. I don't know, maybe it is common knowledge port forwarding is not acceptable by ISPs, I don't really know, doesn't seem logical to me, but anyway, can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem so I can connect to internet games?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back