Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

port forward SSH using WRT54GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptNeo

Technical User
Jun 4, 2002
US
To All,

We have a file server that has a shared folder and I was given a task to get that folder accessible over the Internet through a secure channel.
I have managed to configure SSH running on the file server and forwarded the port in our DSL router (model WRT54GS). No problems using SSH from outside (Internet) through our file server.
However, when I tried to tunnel the port (139) for accessing the shared folders through SSH, I could not map the folder on my workstation.
I've done this before on a CISCO router and I was able to map a shared folder through SSH.
Anyone have any ideas? The only clue that I can think of is that our DSL Router is acting as a gateway and not a router which makes me think that it won't forward a port (139)that's been tunneled through another port (22).
I'm using putty btw as my SSH client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back