Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port assigned "M"??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukhodwil

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
GB
Does anyone know why after having removed all associated stations/extension from all ports on a digital card, the first port on the card has an "m" when I do a List Con All?

This quite an annoying problem as the card has been removed now and as a consequence it is still registered on the system and causing an alarm on the ATTD console.

Then because there is an "m" still present it says all translations must be removed first.....so I can't remove it out of "change circuit"
List Usage doesn't provide anything
display port doesn't provide anything either
The system has been reset and it stil is present.

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of it or even know what the "m" stands for??

I'm totally at a loss....help!

m" means that the port has been "marked" for some reason...maybe it was faulty. To clear this, do a "clear port ##AA####" and it should go back to unassigned.

You can also do a "list marked-ports" to see what other ports might be marked.

From Avaya:

"Use mark port to mark faulty ports as defective to prevent their use in other administrative operations (for example, adding a data-module or station). Ports on any type of circuit pack may be marked except for installed circuit packs that are administered automatically (for example, Tone Detector, Tone Generator, Announcement, Speech Synthesizer, Call Classifier and Maintenance/Test circuit packs). If the port can be administered manually, and it is unassigned, the port is marked as faulty.

Use clear port command to reactivate the port. Use list marked-ports command to display the marked ports in list format. All marked port information is saved as part of translations."

This is in the Maintenance Commands manual, page 348-349

Genius!

Exactly the problem, cleared the ports on the two boards and now the slots are showing as vacant, and the console alarm has gone.

Never come across that feature before but now that I know about it, I will probably use it frequently as it seems like a pretty useful feature to have/use.

Many thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back