Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port 1352 stops on Domino 6.x and Legato Networker

Status
Not open for further replies.

lageleif

Technical User
Jul 7, 2004
SE
We have a strange fault on three of our Domino 6.5.x servers. Port 1352 stops now and then. No TCP/IP packets in or out. We think it has to do with the Legato Lotus Notes backup we have on these three servers. We moved the backup start time ahead one hour and the fault came an hour later. It does not show up every night at backup time but now and then. Servers are on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 with all patches applied. Networker User 6.1.3 and Module for Lotus Notes version 2.2.0.

Any hints?

Hallo,

i tried to reproduce the error, i installed a domino 6.5.1 server on W2K3 and a legato server on W2k3 ver 7.1.2 and one Notes Client. I got the error two times when legato starts the backup. The notes server gets an listener error and before that all client connections got closed. I don't know why this happens, i made abount 100 Backups and the error came two times. Whether in the legato logs nor in the notes logs you can find something interesting.
Anyone an idea??
HELP!!

Hallo,

now after a long period i know the reason for the problem. You only get the Problem if you use NOTES: as saveset. Because if you use NOTES: Legato is looking in the notes.ini to find the Notes Data Directory and for that time legato makes an file lock on the notes.ini. If the Domino Server wants to access the notes.ini during this time it fails because of the file lock and you get a listener failure. The file lock takes as long as Legato needs to mount a tape and move forward to the file mark. To solve the Problem you have to use NOTES:X:\Lotus\Notes\Data as the saveset and legato no longer will lock the notes.ini.

Will that workaround still grab the notes.ini file ?

Anywhere I can see this happening ? I mean I am running a smiliar setup, but I haven't heard about any problems, so I am curious to know if its actually affecting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back