Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port 1050 open on router and cannot close

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgp77

Programmer
Nov 25, 2005
CA
I realize this forum is for Linksys products but I could not find my router on the tek-tips forums. I have a Starbridge Lynx 320 modem/router and I recently did a port scan of my router to ensure that my ports were all blocked. It came back and told me that port 1050 on my router was open even though my firewall is enabled and only port 80 and 443 have been explicitly forwarded. I have verified that the port is open with several other scans. All my ports should be closed except 80 and 443. What I would like to know is
1. Why is this port open
2. How can I close it.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Thanks

I have never heard of Starbridge.

What does the documentation say about port settings?

You might try contacting their tech support for help. Maybe they have a firmware update. Since port 1050 is not a popular port, in the RFC document listing ports it shows "COBRA management agent" is the user. I would not worry much about it causing any trouble.

....JIM....

If you google [google]router port 1050[/google] you can find several similar references for another manufacturer's router. I wonder if Starbridge is a rebranded version of the same.

I too did some research and found other router manugacturer's with a similar problem. It seems that this might be an issue with the chipset. I disabled the port by forwarding it to a non-existant machine. SO all is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back