Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Popup Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrShagadelic

Programmer
Feb 12, 2001
US
I'm developing a business app using ASP.Net (vb.net in the code behind) and I want to add a hyperlink that will popup a new window. I can get it to work with a button but I'd rather use a hyperlink. I know it can be done b/c I've seen sites that do it, but I can't get to the code behind to figure it out. Any ideas?

NoCoolHandle -

That definitely opens a new window however I'd like the user to click on the hyperlink and have a popup window. I'm using the following code on the OnClick event:

function PopUpWindow(strURL) {
window.navigate = false;
window.open(strURL,'','toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,height=500;width=250');
}

I've got the target set to _blank and the popup window works fine, however the target=_blank brings up another popup window with nothing in it. Any insight?

Thanks,
MrShagadelic

Shag --

Here's a bit of java I routinely use to open up a popup window (sending a QS variable):

Code:
function openWin(strVar){
var strPg; 
var strCondit ="toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,minimize=no,copyhistory=no,width=565,height=540,left=40,top=120"
  strPg = "MyPage.aspx?myVar=" + strVar
  myWindow = window.open(strPg, 'newWin3', strCondit)
}

You can add a call to this function directly in the hyperlink:

Code:
<a href="javascript:openWin('<%=strVar%>')">My Hyperlink</a>

..so not directly involved with code behind, all clientside.

Isadore,
I figured it out yesterday but I did exactly what you described. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back