Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Popup Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

henna

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
NZ
Hi,

I am currently involved in a project where I need to open a popup window and get some values back to the parent window. The popup window returns some values with 3 different categories.

The problem Im having is on the parent window, a dropdown list is waiting to be populated based on the returned category. The dropdown list will require a postback of some sort to query the database and return appropriate values.

Is there a way to execute the parent page methods from a child form so that when I select the values on the child form the parent form is automatcally queries and then closes the child window?
What is the best way of doing this?
Please help.

The best way of doing this may just be to not use a popup window. Could you use 2 regular windows, directing the user between the windows as necessary and passing objects between both of them.

--
Not until I became a Network Administrator did the error message "See your Network Administrator for assistance" become petrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back