Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Popup menu, Table within a Layer not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherphas

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
CA
Hi,

I've built a very cool database driven popup menu on my website using a combination or PHP, javascript(to position the menus) and layers (<div>, CSS). Everything works fine but I would like to have the text layed out better in the layers. I thought putting a table within the <div> tag would be fine but it doesn't work. The table(with the menu items) becomes a static part of the page. Anybody know how I can acheive this? Also, how do make another popup menu appear when I rollover an item from the first menu?

you could just do this <div id=&quot;mypopup&quot;>

and add a class

#mypopup {}

with the formatting you would want in the div

as for populating a popup from within your popup, thats too advanced of a scripting job for me but someone here might be able to help or try the javascipt forum or the php forum [Hammer]
Nike Failed Slogans -- &quot;Just Don't Do It!&quot;

Thanks for replying! Well the reason I need the table is so I can have a border around each items so it's easier to view. I don't know if I can do it without tables. Anybody else know how I could acheive this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back