Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Popup from Word stays hidden behind Access windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

deekydoo

MIS
Jun 21, 2004
GB
My MS Access system uses VBA to perform Mailmerge via MS Word.

The system was initially implemented Via XP Pro and Office 2000 and worked fine.

I upgraded to MS Office 2003 [also on XP Proc] and before the mailmerge commenced Word gave a popup warning saying that an SQL query was about to be used to fill the documents fields etc.

Selecting YES caused the mailmerge to proceed OK.

Now I've upgraded to Windows 7 I find that the Ms Word warning popup stays behind the MS Access windows with the Access windows being frozen. AS far as I can see, the only way to get the Warning popup to the front is to use the Task manager.

Has anyone else come across this behaviour at all, and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Deek

7 does seem to 'forget' to bring dialog boxes to the front from time to time. If you hover over the main programs icon on the task bar you should be able to see the dialog box's preview and click on that though. Unfortunately I have no idea why this happens occasionally so I shall follow this topic in the hopes someone does.

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

Thanks for replies. I'll try minimizing Access before calling the Word application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back