Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PopUp form on a StartUp Switchboard 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dftjsn

Programmer
Feb 25, 2002
US
I have a switchboard form that is being displayed at startup (Tools>Startup>Display Form/Page). I would like to be able to pop up a form on top of this startup switchboard to prompt the user to enter something while still letting them see the startup switchboard form. My problem is that I only seem to get the popup to display on top of (after) the startup switchboard if I use AUTOEXEC to open the popup. I'd like to show the popup without using AUTOEXEC by loading the form during one of the startup forms events. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter where I try to put the code in the startup form (Open, Load, Resize, Activate, or Current) the startup form doesn't display until after the popup. I want the startup to show first and then the popup so the user can see what is on the startup while entering info into the popup.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make this happen without using AUTOEXEC for the popup?

Thanks!

dftjsn

dftjsn:

Did you try putting the OpenForm method of the DoCmd for your popup, in the On Activate event of the switchboard form?

HTH,

Vic

you may be able to get this to work by puting your code in the 'on timer' event. You will also need to set your 'timer interval' so that your event will fire.

VicM/Moxy1,

Thanks for your suggestions. The On Activate event didn't work. The Pop Up still appeared before the main switchboard form. Using the On Timer event, however, did work. I put the code DoCmd.OpenForm "frmPopUp" in the On Timer event of the Main Switchboard form and set the Timer Interval to be other than 0 whenever I want the Pop Up to show. Thanks Moxy1!

Cheers,

dftjsn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back