Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

popup comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

workshop

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Is there the way in excel file when I move a mouse over the cell then the comment popup but the list is in other worksheet? for example in the worksheet A when I move the mouse over cell a1 then the comment from worksheet B cell a1 popup.

Thanks for your helps

Can you do a copy then paste special > paste comments or does it have to be dynamic and change if the comments on worksheet B change?

Flores

As far as I know there is no mouseover event so there is not a way to show a comment from another workbook without using VBA. I think NewbieWon's suggestion will be the easiest way (Once again if the comment text doesn't have to be dynamic)
This piece of code will insert a comment into the activecell on sheet1 using the text from the comment in the corresponding cell of sheet2. However, I am not sure how to trigger the event.

Sub InsertComment()

On Error GoTo ErrorX
addx = ActiveCell.Address
ActiveCell.AddComment Sheets("Sheet2").Range(addx).Comment.Text
ActiveCell.Comment.Visible = True
Exit Sub
ErrorX:
MsgBox "No comment"

End Sub

Mabye someone else has a better solution.

HTH,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back