Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POPULATING OR FILLING TEXT BOXES WITH DATA FROM A DATABASE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNN

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I can fill a db grid's fields with data from a database using a data control and writing SQL for the Recordsource property. Load time is relatively fast considering the number of fields that I can fill.

Is there a way to write SQL and fill text boxes with data from a database without using the recordset methods which are too slow.

I have 199 text boxes to fill with database data and using the recordset methods it takes approx 8 to 11 seconds to load all 199 text boxes.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

TNN, TOM
TNPAYROLL@AOL.COM

TOM

If you put textboxe in details of your form(as I guess you are using access), in the RecordSource property you should indicate only the column of the table/query source of your form. If you want to use a table/query different than the form's, you can use a subform with textboxes in the details and with a different source. John Fill
ivfmd@mail.md

John,

I am using an access database. I am not using a data control but am access the database via ADO. I'm not sure what your saying. Can you please expand.

Thank You
TNN, TOM
TNPAYROLL@AOL.COM

TOM

You could maybe split the form up into multiple forms. This would reduce the apparent wait

Are you using an Access or a VB front end? If you are using a VB front end, try using the ADO data control, or, if you have the ability, create a databound activeX control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back