Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

populating a combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetleaf

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
CA
Hi there,

Does anyone know how to populate a combo box with a field from an rds recordset?

for example, if i instantiate the following:

<OBJECT classid=&quot;clsid:bd96c556-65a3-11d0-983a-00c04fc29e33&quot;
id=&quot;objRDS1&quot; width=&quot;10&quot; height=&quot;10&quot;>
<param name=&quot;SQL&quot; value=&quot;select project_name as p from projects Union select APP_DESC as p from ESC_LOG_DESKTOP_APPLICATIONS Union select db_name as p from esc_databases Union select server_name as p from esc_servers&quot;>
<param name=&quot;Server&quot;value=&quot;<param name=&quot;CONNECT&quot; value=&quot;dsn=ops;UID=johnny;PWD=tiger&quot;>
</object>

, how can I populate the following <SELECT> control with the values from field &quot;p&quot;?:

<SELECT id=f_appN name=f_appN style=&quot;BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; HEIGHT: 22px; WIDTH: 200px&quot;>
<OPTION value=?>OPTION>
</SELECT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Thanks for any help..

<%While not p.eof
response.write &quot;<OPTION value='&quot; & p & &quot;'>&quot; & p & &quot;</OPTION>&quot;
p.nextrecordset
Wend%>

I'm not sure about the 'p' syntax because I don't use this kind of connection, but the code to response n recordsets of one query is that

good luck

Drtheater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back